Hey everyone! As the temperatures drop, the chances of cold's and flu are significantly increased! I know first hand. I fell ill this past Friday. Thankfully, I am already feeling better. I thought I would share with you all some of my favorite home remedies, supplements and syrups.
1) Umcka - I swear by this stuff. It comes in a syrup, tabs or tea. I prefer the syrup. It tastes great - even your kids will love it! It's a homeopathic blend that comes from an African root. I start to take it immediately when I feel symptoms coming on. It helps with cough, sneezing, sore throat, aches and fever. You can find it at Sprouts, Whole Food's, and other natural grocery stores.
2) Garlic, garlic, garlic. Fresh, raw and organic preferably! Garlic is anti-microbial and anti-bacterial so it will kill any bad bacteria or virus. I usually will just eat some raw but I also add twice as much to whatever I am cooking. I didn't manage to cook much this weekend but when I did, it was soup and I just added a ton of fresh garlic to it.
3) Ginger - I also added fresh organic ginger to just about everything this weekend. Including my tea. It helped clear my sinuses and it kept my stomach happy after all the garlic. Ginger is great for digestion.
4) Tulsi tea - Also known as Holy Basil, is a powerful adaptogen meaning it helps your body adapt to any environment. It's also a natural expectorant, immune booster and throat soother. Skip the Mucinex (that stuff makes me nauseous and feel super weird) and go for the Tulsi instead. You can find it almost any grocery store. Including Safeway.
5) SPA IT OUT - Thankfully I live close to many spas and have been able to sweat it out. I do a routine of the sauna, steam room, cold plunge and hot tub - REPEAT. I do this until I feel exhausted and then get a good nights rest. Sweating affects your body on a cellular level - pushing out the toxin's and bacteria. The sauna and steam room's at your gym work just as well. I just recommend that you not work out until you feel 80% back to normal.
Our Recent Posts
People often ask me how I ended up in this line of work. It's a long story...
I graduated from Ohio University with a Bachelor's of Science degree in C...
How I ended up here...
June 3, 2019
Hiii! I apologize for not writing in so long!
Wow, it's 2019! 2018 was a whirlwind! I felt like I was transitioning constantly! And perhaps I still am...
January 24, 2019
Ay! It's cold and flu season!
October 30, 2017
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!